Many companies now look into developing enterprise mobile apps to effectively manage communication between employees, track progress and automate accounting in an organization.
This article will help you better understand the world of enterprise mobile app development, oversee the upcoming challenges and choose the right framework for the solution. Moreover, you can find estimated costs and timeframes for the future app. Let’s go!
What is enterprise mobile app development?
An enterprise mobile app is a solution used by a company to facilitate work processes and to make them cost and time-efficient. However, the definition is not that easy.
The world knows many examples of non-enterprise apps that became commercial usage cases and vice versa. For instance, Microsoft Word, Excel, Zoom, Skype or even Adobe Photoshop. So, what is the core feature that makes an app ‘enterprise’ if not the purpose of usage?
Forbes sayshttps://www.forbes.com/sites/adrianbridgwater/2019/03/02/what-makes-an-app-an-enterprise-application/?sh=502fdac549d2 that an enterprise solution is one that is ‘built for speed, built for scale and built for all the down and dirty data flows it will have to shoulder in its post-operationalized state.’
How can a company benefit from an enterprise mobile app?
Structured workflow and well-organized internal processes can enhance a team’s efficiency and mental well-being. Research showshttps://hbr.org/2014/11/the-productivity-payoff-of-mobile-apps-at-work, implementation of enterprise mobile apps can increase productivity at a workplace by 40%.
The link between productivity and enterprise apps is simple: for example, if you connect all employees via corporate messenger, instead of calling, sending faxes, or running between the floors, they can just find a person on the app, spending less time and nerves. While you will cut expenses on paper and phone plans.
Many companies worldwide have already unlocked these benefits. According to Fliplethttps://fliplet.com/, 66% of organizations are expected to increase their investments into enterprise mobile app development in the next three years. The enterprise mobile solutions market is expected to reach $430 billion in revenue by the end of 2021.
Types of enterprise mobile apps
Generally, there are three types of enterprise apps basedhttps://www.cleveroad.com/blog/enterprise-mobile-application-development on the category of their users:
👤Employee-level apps. These are used internally only by co-workers to help keep up with updates, communicate with each other or to create and track tasks within the company.
👥 Department-level apps. Such solutions help specific departments, for example, marketing or customer support. They can be both internal and external and, for example, help customer support managers stay in touch with clients and manage feedback.
👨👩👧👧 Company-level apps. They work like a private network, connecting all employees in the company. The difference between employee-level and company-level apps is that the second one can have different levels of access or database and document storages.
Examples of enterprise apps
Enterprise apps can have different functionality, and you have probably heard about several popular solutions! Let’s break down a messenger, a task tracker, a customer support software and an online payment service.
The Slack team believes that messages are more productive than emails. That’s why they created a corporate messaging platform where you can send a text person-to-person, create a private group or an open channel. Also, they allow voice calls in the app. The enterprise tool has been proven to increase productivity by simplifying communication within a team.
Jira is a software for project management. It allows users to create bugs or issues, assign them to the responsible department and track progress. No task will be lost or forgotten!
Salesforce is a service as a software (SaaS) company that brings together customers and companies. The app gives all departments — including marketing, sales, commerce, and service — information about sales and the source of it, including a single, shared view of every customer.
Stripe is an online payment service that helps companies send and receive payments. They proved APIs that you integrate to a web or a mobile application to add banking features.
3 key benefits enterprise mobile app development
Enterprise mobile apps can make the life of your company easier in 3 different ways:
- Speed up the distribution of information. Enterprise mobile solutions not only facilitate communication between team members, but also help to keep important files and documents in one place. To share important news with all employees you only need to send a message to a channel. Members will receive notification shortly and see what you have to say.
- Optimize the workflow. Let’s imagine, you have a task for a design department. Instead of emailing your idea and waiting for a reply, you can just create it on your task tracking app and see when they start working on it and when you need to jump in and check the results. No more lost emails, missed calls or long, printed task descriptions with technical requirements!
- Boost agility. The agile method is a flexible and transparent approach to planning and executing in a company through communication and collaborative effort. Enterprise mobile solutions can simplify supply chain management and improve the overall efficiency of the completion of tasks.
Challenges of enterprise mobile app development
Here are 4 things to consider before starting mobile app development for your company.
- Data security. Your enterprise app will inevitably be installed on personal devices. Since you will be storing company documents and secrets in the app, it is essential to think about the extra protection of corporate information. One of the many ways is to automatically turn on two-factor authentication for all accounts.
- App management. To control and update an enterprise app, you will need a trained IT team who are aware of how the solution was developed and, thus, know all hidden secrets.Also, related to both app management and data security, your company will need an IT policy — a document, a quiz, a short course — anything to help employees learn how to protect both their and the company’s data.
- Real-time updates. Technologies in the modern world change rapidly and new features occur every year. To keep your app up-to-date and provide the most innovative features, make sure you have a team of developers that keeps an eye on technology news and can provide updates.
- API integration. To unlock more useful features for your enterprise app, integration with third-party software is a must. For example, it can be cloud services, like Oracle, SAP and others.
Why choose React Native for mobile app development?
React Native is a Java-Script open-source framework for developers that was launched by Facebook in 2015.
With the React Native framework for an enterprise app, your business can reduce the expenses on the development and get a buzz-generating solution. At Purrweb, we love React Native for two main reasons:
👨💻It is crossed-platformed. With one team you can develop several solutions for web, Android and iOS, so your team doesn’t have to worry about the operational system they use. During mobile app development a company can reuse up to 65-70% of code
📱Robust UI/UX design. Unlike other frameworks that just imitate browser environments, React Natives uses native elements, so the interface will look, scroll and behave like a native iOS or Android, providing an outstanding experience to your team. Overall, it will perform quickly and the elements will be native-like and pleasant to look at – we promise!
Costs and timeline
Usually, we determine precise costs of the project on the discovery stage, as it may vary depending on the complexity of your idea.
In total, according to similar projects we executed, enterprise mobile app development will take up to 6 months and will cost up to $150,000 approximately. If you wish to get a precise estimate of your enterprise mobile app development project — contact us!
If you are a business owner, an enterprise mobile application can bring many benefits to your company: increase the productivity of the team, cut operational expenses, optimize workflow and, overall, make the process more smooth and agile.
There are 4 obstacles you might face during the development: data protection, management of the apps, updates, and API integrations. At Purrweb we will help you to get through the main challenges during mobile app development.
We create robust solutions with a focus on cutting-edge UI/UX design to provide an enhanced user experience for your startup. With us, the development of an enterprise app will take approximately 6 months and will cost around $150,000.
If you are looking for an enterprise mobile app development company, we are here to have your back!
Wanna get a personalized estimation of your future enterprise app? Just fill in the quote and we will get back to you👇